Comment on page
Tips and Tricks for Your Salesforce Connection to Primer
Find the two options to automatically add records to campaigns, learn how to create Salesforce Activities, and more.
Create a Process that will add the Lead you are creating or modifying to a SFDC Campaign:
- 1.Open Process Builder:
- 1.Salesforce Classic: Setup | Create | Workflows & Approvals | Process Builder
- 2.Lightning Experience: Gear icon | Setup | Platform Tools | Process Automation | Process Builder
- 2.Click on New | Enter Process Name. Then click Save.
- 3.Click Add Object. Select Lead.
- 4.Select when you need to start the process: only when a record is created or when a record is created or edited.
- 5.Click Save.
- 6.Set criteria:
- 1.Enter a Criteria Name (something like Attach Lead to Campaign).
- 2.Enter the Conditions that must be met for the lead to be added to the campaign if any, otherwise select No criteria—just execute the actions!
- 3.Click Save.
- 7.Add Immediate Actions:
- 8.Select the Create a Record Action Type.
- 1.Enter an Action Name.
- 2.Select Record Type: Campaign Member.
- 3.Set Field Values: Campaign Id: 15 digit Id of the Campaign (You will find the Id in the URL of the campaign record). Lead Id (Type: Reference): [Lead].Id
- 4.Note: No need to set criteria for any other fields unless they are required in the Campaign Member records.
- 9.Save and Activate the Process.
Salesforce’s Web-to-Lead functionality is a great way to get leads directly into Salesforce. Salesforce Campaigns provide useful data on what happened to the leads and contacts produced from various marketing activities.
Besides making sure inquiries don’t fall through the cracks by using web-to-lead functionality with Salesforce, any additional data you can add to your web site forms can help your business.
Source and keyword data can be added and there are a number of other things that can be added to the form through hidden fields.
One easy addition is to hard-code a particular Salesforce Campaign value in your web-to-lead forms.
This is especially useful if you have many landing pages that are specific to certain advertising campaigns, but you can even do it with your standard “Contact Us” form.
- 1.Create a Campaign in Salesforce (or go to an existing Campaign)
- 2.Copy the ID of the Campaign from your web browser’s address bar
- 3.Add the following hidden field to your web-to-lead forms, replacing the value with the ID you copied earlier.
<input type="hidden" name="Campaign_ID" value="7010V000001ufMI">
As part of the Salesforce integration, you have the option to synchronize the Activities that occur in Primer (ad audience creation, LinkedIn Connect Requests sent, etc.) allowing you to log every detail of your relationship with each Lead or Contact in your CRM.
To push Activities from Primer to Salesforce, follow these steps:
- 1.Go to the Integrations page.
- 2.Click on the Salesforce > Edit Accounts option
- 3.Scroll down to the Activities section
Enable whether or not you would like to push completed “Steps” in a Primer campaign as Completed Tasks to Salesforce.
For example, when a Salesforce Lead is synced to Facebook as part of an audience, Primer will create a Completed Task in Salesforce against the Lead record.
Primer will sync over the Primer Campaign Name, the Step action taken, and the name of the Step Destination (e.g. Facebook Account ID 35945809348).
If you'd like to build a report to show what Primer Campaign led to most of your converted Leads, now you can!